1. The creation of the Inspectorate of Prosecution in Scotland arose in the light of these reports
2. Sloman - The Change Agenda - "Training to Learn" - April 2005
3. See Chapter 11 for further details
4. Update is a quarterly newsletter of The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
5. The Bulletin is a monthly summary of key management-led initiatives
6. Chapter 5
7. See Chapter 4
8. DL Kirkpatrick first published his paper "Techniques for evaluating training programs" Journal of the American Society of Training and Development in 1959. The model referred to in this strategy is an updated version from 1979.
9. Deals with summary court work (the conduct of cases in the District or Sheriff Court at summary level) - only those who have completed six months as a second year trainee or as a Depute are eligible to apply
10. Deals with solemn work (the conduct of Sheriff and Jury trials) - for qualified lawyers new to the Service and for second year trainees after at least 6 months in post
11. Chapter 6 - course cancellations
12. A course delivered at Central College in Glasgow but designed, in conjunction with the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service, to offer an externally accredited paralegal qualification at SVQ Level 3
13. Managing Difficult Conversations
14. See Chapter 3
15. This is a 'monthly news sheet providing information and updates on key issues and initiatives'
16. This figure takes account of actual days in class (including at Scottish Prosecution College, Police College at Jackton and Tulliallan, External Workshops and Training Days). Note: This figure does not identify if more than one trainer was involved in delivery.
17. Colours donate where related courses repeat
18. CPS can be broken down into 11 groups and 42 areas
20. Corporate Induction e-learning package
21. Postage, Bank Charges
22. Based on figures obtained from the KCS system relating to the number of staff trained
23. See Chapter 8
24. Chapter 4
25. See paragraph 425
26. Chapter 4
27. See Chapter 4
28. Chapter 5
29. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development reference
30. See Chapter 4 for original reference
31. See Chapter 4
32. See Chapter 4
33. Extract from 'Investors in People Information'