Part 1 – Introduction and Background
1. It is the practice of the Inspectorate to conduct follow-up inspections in order to promote improvement and assess the effectiveness of recommendations and their outcomes.
2. This report details the findings of the Inspectorate's follow-up inspection of the International Co-operation Unit (ICU) Thematic Report, published in March 2014.
3. The remit of ICU is to provide advice on cases with an international dimension and act as a single point of contact on behalf of judicial, law enforcement and prosecution authorities on extradition and mutual legal assistance work.
4. The aim of this follow-up review is to assess and report on the progress that has been made against our recommendations.
- Interviews with key personnel;
- Review of practices, procedures and policies;
- Evaluation of IT and monitoring systems;
- Examination of case files.