Chapter 2: Methodology
8. The aim of this inspection was to review the operation of the COPFS Enquiry Point and to consider the extent to which its aims and objectives are being met.
9. The scope of the inspection included an examination of existing policies, strategies and commitments and identification of standard good practice guides.
10. Further to this we consulted with COPFS management and strategic leads, interviewed staff, carried out a field visit and issued feedback questionnaires to criminal justice partner organisations and agencies who use the service and to COPFS staff who receive transferred calls.
11. The objectives of the review are:
- To ensure that policy and practice in relation to the administration and management of the COPFS Enquiry Point are established and maintained and that policy reflects the vision of the COPFS
- To determine whether the COPFS Enquiry Point service is being delivered in an efficient and economical manner and is customer focussed
- To determine whether the COPFS Enquiry Point is accessible to all and helpful to users
- To consider whether there is scope for increased information provision by the COPFS Enquiry Point
- To evaluate whether the aims and objectives of the COPFS Enquiry Point are being met
12. We are very grateful to all the people who gave so generously of their time and contributed to our feedback survey during this inspection.